Who Can Be Buried in the Catholic Cemeteries of the Diocese of San Jose?
The Catholic Cemeteries of the Diocese of San Jose are rooted in a two-thousand-year tradition of care for and burial of its dead. The care with which we bury the dead expresses our faith in the victory over the death of our Lord, Jesus Christ, and our hope in the Resurrection. As religious cemeteries, Catholic Cemeteries of the Diocese of San Jose are bound by church law and civil regulations.
The Following Persons May Be Buried in the Catholic Cemeteries of the Diocese of San Jose
- Immediate family members of those interred (i.e. parents, siblings, spouses, and children only)
- Persons with demonstratable connection to the Catholic community (i.e. attended Catholic school, employee of the church, etc.)
- Persons who have previously obtained burial rights
- In the spirit of Christian unity, participating members of other Christian churches and communities for whom we share a common understanding of baptism and with the approval of their pastor or minister
- The exercise of burial rights and interments are subject to the approval of the Bishop of the Diocese of San Jose, acting through his Vicar General.
For more information regarding our Christian burial policy, please contact us at 833-304-0763.